9 steps to goal setting
Goal setting is the most powerful action you can take to improve your personal productivity; it provides a sense of direction to keep you focussed on the most important activities.
Simply defined, Goal setting is the process of:
- Developing a mission statement for your life
- Writing specific goal(s) that support your mission
- Listing the benefits of achieving the goal
- Anticipating possible obstacles and solutions
- Writing detailed action steps and deadlines to achieve the goal
- Integrating action steps to your planning system
- Determining a method of tracking your progress
- Writing affirmations to support your belief in your ability to accomplish the goal
- Developing a visual representation that effectively reminds you of your goal
The sole purpose of the goal setting is to guide you on the entire journey from wish to fulfilment; it provides a sense of direction and serves as a filter to eliminate extraneous demands.